[Samba] Dynamic DNS under LINUX clients to a MS DNS Server

Aaron Grewell agrewell at uwb.edu
Mon Jun 21 16:07:37 GMT 2004

I think the program you want is nsupdate-gss.  It's downloadable from the
various Samba mirrors.

Try here:
http://au1.samba.org/samba/ftp/tsig-gss/

There's a Net-DNS patch that may need to be applied to your Perl
installation's Net::DNS module.  My (limited) understanding of this program
is that you must have Samba up and running and have joined your workstation
to the local domain as a member.  Then the script should be able to use the
creds established by your computer account to add a DNS entry.  I haven't
actually used it since I run the DNS here.  If you run into troubles that
the list can't help with you may have to ask Andrew Tridgell directly since
he wrote the script.

HTH,
-Aaron