[Samba] Clients can find printer when

McKeever Chris tech-mail at prupref.com
Sun Jun 6 21:53:48 GMT 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:34 , Steve Cohen <stevecoh1 at comcast.net> sent:

>On Sunday 06 June 2004 11:16 am, fredex wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:23:46AM -0500, Steve Cohen wrote:
>> > This is REALLY starting to annoy me.  I have now set up a Win98 client on
>> > the network.  Once again I install the proper driver.  Once again the
>> > Windows system can browse to the printer.  Once again, printing appears
>> > to the client as if it's happening.  Once again nothing comes out of the
>> > printer.  Once
>>
>> This is exactly the problem I've had. (Using Samba 3.0.x and Cups).
>> someone else suggested making the particular printer in use here set up
>> as a RAW print queue in CUPS. Requires editing two cups config files and
>> connecting to the web UI for cups and changing the printer queue type to
>> raw. Details can be found in the samba documentation on printing with cups.
>>

>Hey, thanks, not sure what "printing with cups" documentation you meant, but I
>googled and found http://de.samba.org/samba/docs/man/CUPS-printing.html
>Was this the doc you were referring to?
>
>This immediately seems to be getting somewhere.  I didn't have
>printcap name = cups
>in my conf.  And putting it there immediately changes the pattern, although
>still not success:
>
>[2004/06/06 13:59:20, 0] printing/print_cups.c:cups_job_submit(655)
>  Unable to print file to EpsonC82 -

I had a lot of issues trying to print to this exact printer via a network configuration...just a thought that it may not be completely a _you_ thing

>client-error-document-format-not-supported

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref---dot---com
<A href="http://www.prupref.com">www.prupref.com</A>
Prudential Preferred Properties
<A href="http://www.prupref.com">Chicago and Illinois NorthShore Real Estate Experts</A>

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com