[Samba] Clients can find printer when

Steve Cohen stevecoh1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 00:33:32 GMT 2004

YESSSSSSSSS!
Success.
Well, sort of.

>From one XP box (actually it's a VMWare virtual machine on the same physical
machine as the printer is connected to) all is well.  Printing works.  The
only problem was that I had specified a non-existent directory for my raw_q
queue to spool to.  Changed it to the standard one and all is fine.

Question for the group - is it good practice for different queues to spool to
different dirs or does that matter.

>From the other XP box, this a real one, we had some success as well.  We are
now able to attach to the raw_q queue and everything looks good.  But there
appear to be bad connectivity issues and the print jobs fail.

This is leading me back to consider the issues with the Domain Master Browser.
I don't know how to configure one of the Windows boxes to be the DMB.

But the main issue is solved.