[Samba] Samba problems in stable?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Fri Jul 30 20:20:19 GMT 2004

Recently a production "stable" samba server started producing this:

samba-log.cpr8r:  oplock_break failed for file Share1/Files/Financial/Comms.xls (dev = b, inode = 151073815, file_id = 31).
samba-log.cpr8r:  oplock_break failed for file Share1/Files/Financial/Futures.xls (dev = b, inode = 411546895, file_id = 31).
samba-log.cpr8r:  oplock_break failed for file Share1/Files/Financial/Historical.xls (dev = b, inode = 402910038, file_id = 8).

etc etc for many many files.  My samba logs currently give this 580
times in the last 2 days since the server was restarted.

The closest match is on google from 1999 and there's no reply.
Samba.org doesn't even have any matches on their search page I can find.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

Kernel 2.4.26-bk1
Samba 2.0.7-1
Debian Stable

The hardware is a P3-850 with 512Megs of ram.

Most of the files being accessed are nfs mounted from a hardare
appliance (SNAP).

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

With Dreams To Be A King First One Should Be A Man
					- Manowar