[Samba] LDAP/IDMAP/3.0.4

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Fri Jul 30 19:57:07 GMT 2004

I've written a program according to what I learned from all the docs and
John T.'s assessment of what I intended to do from an email about a month
back.

I've got everything in LDAP *no* winbind is in use and my ldap value from
[global] are:

   passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://ldap.hvcc.edu"
   ldap suffix = dc=hvcc,dc=edu
   ldap machine suffix = ou=People
   ldap user suffix = ou=People
   ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
   ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
   ldap admin dn = cn=root,dc=hvcc,dc=edu
   idmap backend = ldap:ldap://ldap.hvcc.edu

But I'm stuck on joining the PC to the domain. I'm getting "No mapping
between account names and security IDs was done."

But from the logs, I can't seem to gleen *which* mapping it's referring
to. I'm still looking and I'm sure it's something dreadfully ignorant on
my part. It is authing the root user properly because if I give the wrong
root password, it tells me so and the log reflects this as well.

I have an idmap entry for every user for every one of the seven domains we
have and I calculated all the rid values using the legacy algorithmic
method and populated the LDAP DIT with it all. Every sambaSamAccount is
also a posix and shadow account.

It loads perfectly, AIX is (surprisingly :-P ) happy and Samba seems truly
happy up until this point.

I'll keep digging, but if the experts have seen this and can suggest a
quick fix, I'd appreciate it. All hits I've found so far are relative to
2.2.

The only strange error I just found (while composing this email) is:

[2004/07/30 15:51:07, 3] smbd/connection.c:yield_connection(76)
  yield_connection: tdb_delete for name  failed with error Record does not
exist.

Thank you!

Bill