[Samba] Files not shown with Samba 3.0.4 debian backport

rupprecht at ullstein-realschule-fuerth.de rupprecht at ullstein-realschule-fuerth.de
Thu Jul 22 08:03:36 GMT 2004

Hi,
we are using Debian Woody with Samba 3.0.4 backport. The Clients are Windows XP
pro. Since we use this version of Samba a problem occurred twice: In a huge directory
there are files not shown in the Explorer. The files are there, the rights are ok, if we
want to overwrite the file, Windows says that it is there, but it is not shown.

An example:
Ablaufinformation - EB-Wahl Okt 02.doc (not shown)
Ablaufinformation Infoabend 8-10 (Okt 2000).doc (not shown)
Absage päd Konferenz (Mai03). doc (not shown)
anwes.doc (shown)
aprlist.doc (shown)
AUFGABENVERTEILUNG 00_01.DOC (not shown)

Elternabend Schäferling April 99.doc (shown !!!)
Ferienaufsichten 1999.doc (shown)
Ferienaufsichten 2000.doc (not shown)

Now it get's really strange: I tared this folder. Recreated it and put all the files back.
And there are all there.

Can anybody help.

When the files where not shown I opened this dir with log level 10. The log is
attached. When I execute smbstatus there are lines like
convert_string_internal: Conversion error: Illegal multibyte squence(^3lerdatei/....)

This dir is named Schülerdatei...

Thanks,
   Markus