[Samba] Re: What happened to this list?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Jul 19 12:37:31 GMT 2004

I've wondered that too. Samba gets better and this list seems to get less useful. I've been on maybe once a year or so... this time VERY serious as we are relying on Samba 3.x to be a PDC for Win2K
workstations for production clients... no more "test tube peer-shares" as in the past.

Three good books and the on-line docs are much improved.

And of course Google... amazed when it turns up a solution to my problem with 3.x PDC and it was written for 2.x peer back in 2001! ;-)

Good question for the Samba team though... what can be done to enhance support so that we (the implementers) can be comfortable using Samba for mission critical apps in complex environments (PDC,
LDAP, etc...) Do we just need the address to have pizza delivered to, or is the problem bigger than that!? (aka some sort of RedHat style support company where we pay for support)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems