[Samba] What happened to this list?

Marc Haber mh+samba at zugschlus.de
Mon Jul 19 12:41:40 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 08:34:57AM -0400, L. Mark Stone wrote:
> My experience with this list is that, the more general a question I
> asked, the less likely I was to get a response.  I get the best
> points like Linux/Samba versions, smb.conf file entries, log file
> snippets, the steps I have taken to try to eradicate the problem, and
> exactly how to reproduce the problem.

I cannot confirm this. A few weeks ago, I asked a very specific
question about being unable to print to a Windows box using smbclient,
going down to a network trace of the SMB exchange, and got absolutely
no response. I think that question was _too_ detailed :-(

The bug report I opened in bugzilla is also still unanswered.

Samba seems to have become too popular to be able to maintain a high
support and discussion level in the mailing lists. I notice the same
with other open source projects gone mainstream such as netfilter and
quagga/zebra (which unmasks me as a network, not a system guy *g*).

Greetings
Marc