[Samba] Re: What happened to this list?

Adam Tauno WIlliams adam at morrison-ind.com
Mon Jul 19 12:50:33 GMT 2004

> I've wondered that too. Samba gets better and this list seems to get less useful.

Excellent documentation is now available.  MANY of the questions/topics
routinely posted to this list could be resolved if the posters availed
themselves of that resource.

We've implemented an extensive Samba/LDAP network with integrated DNS &
DHCP - everything required was in the appropriate documentation.

> Good question for the Samba team though... what can be done to enhance support so that we (the implementers) can be comfortable using Samba for mission critical apps in complex environments (PDC,
> LDAP, etc...) Do we just need the address to have pizza delivered to, or is the problem bigger than that!? (aka some sort of RedHat style support company where we pay for support)

There are many places to purchase commercial support.  If your in the
Great Lakes region I can provide you with a list of some very competent
companies.