[Samba] Re: Networking - OS/2 <- - -> Mandrakelinux

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Jul 5 01:34:12 GMT 2004

Hey fellow OS/2 geek!

Various things come to mind...

Do you have TCPBEUI installed in MPTS? It must be defined to a different logical adapter number than your one running TCP/IP... (I assume you have that on there to use the Internet) Thus, TCP/IP on
adapter 0 and TCPBEUI on adapter 1. NetBEUI won't do you any good with Samba / Linux.

Workgroup name set them the same on both sides
Don't run Samba in a PDC mode for OS/2 clients - peer to peer is fine.

Create an account in Linux, add that account to the smb password list

Have at least one good file share set up

Logon local to OS/2 with the ID/pw you put on the Linux side.

Try to NET USE on the OS/2 side over to your share

NET USE S: \\LNXBOX\MYSHARE

and see if you get S:

Rod Smith's "The Definitive Guide to Samba 3" is a big help. He is also a OS/2 geek and has various OS/2 specific comments in his book. I'm running by memory as my only OS/2 box these days is pure IP
(no File/Print) as it is my firewall.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems