[Samba] [v3.0.4] can not set SSID

Stephan Pfeiffer pfeiffer at int.pegazus.de
Mon Jul 5 07:00:21 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have run a FileServer with Samba 2.2.8a and want to upgrade to 3.0.4. I
had successfully compile and build the new version and the most of all
works fine.

Now i want to set my old SID to the new System how is described in this
mail (http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-June/068765.html), that
not all clients have to reinclude to the domain, but it does not work.

old System
-----------------------------
smb:~ # smbpasswd -X mydom
SID for domain mydom is: xxx

shutdown the old system and
boot up the new System
----------------------------
smb:~ # net setlocalsid xxx
smb:~ # net getlocalsid mydom
SID for mydom is: xyz
smb:~ # net getlocalsid
SID for smb is: xxx

Now the local host has the SID, but not the Domain! What do I wrong or what do i
misunderstood?

Also I have an error on the TDB-Database:

smb:~ # pdbedit -e smbpasswd -i tdbsam
Unable to open/create TDB passwd
Can't sampwent!

For the time being I let both in the smb.conf (passwd backend = tdbsam,
smbpasswd).

Any instuctions?

regards...