[Samba] Fwd: "credentials check wrong" only with Windows NT4 Clients

Lars Scheiter samba at gonicus.de
Fri Jul 2 06:29:55 GMT 2004

Hello Raphael,

well our problem was self made ;)
We didnt choose the "official" method of converting a Win NT Domain to Samba
(as described in the "Samba-HOWTO-Collection"). We wrote some Scripts to
convert SAM dumps to an LDIF file and imported that to our LDAP Server and
didnt realize that machine accounts are somewhat different :)
Well to fix our particular problem we used
net rpc vampire -S NT4PDC -U administrator%passwd
on our fresh created DB and that fixed this problem.

hope that helps
Lars