[Samba] Problme with share and a no admin user (nobody user error)

Marco Fretz f.ma at gmx.li
Fri Jul 2 06:20:09 GMT 2004

Hello

im using the latest samba release on a FreeBSD 5.2.1. I set it up as a PDC
put im not using it at the moment. My problem is the following:
i made a share called dataroot with a adminuser named "marco" and with user
some other user who aren't admin for this share. Cause im not using the PDC
i have set up the same user names and passwords for all users on all
computers. If i connect to the share from a win XP logged on with the user
marco i can connect with read/write-access without any problems. If i
connect with the user sabrina (no share admin) i cant connect. i get an
error on the windows XP machine (something with "no permission"). In the
sambalog i got an error that samba could not log in the user "nobody".

and hmm... on the os level, i set a up a group where all sambausers ar
members. this group got read and on somefolders write access...

Any ideas what i can do now?

will be happy if someone can drop me some lines... thanks

greets

Marco Fretz
Bereich Internet Providing

KYBERNA INFORMATIK