[Samba] Urgent help to Samba 2.0.7 with Microsoft Windows XP and 98

hank_chu hank_chu at netronixinc.com
Fri Jul 2 06:41:48 GMT 2004

Dear Sir :

   Nice to meet you.
   We are using the Samba v2.0.7 ported from uClinux to build the Samba =
server for Network Storage.
   Currently, we met several strange problems as below :
     1) Under Windows XP :
                The Windows backup function cannot work.
          But the BackUp function works well under Windows 2000.

     2) Under Windows 98/98SE,  we cannot copy a file which size is =
bigger than 500KB or more to the Samba server.
          But the smaller files are OK to be copied.

     3) Under Windows XP, we create a empty file in Samba server (like =
TXT file).
         When we use Microsoft Notepad or UltraEdit to edit it, type =
some characters , and save back, Samba server replys as "Access Denied".
          But if we do so with Microsoft Word, it is OK.

   Could you do us a favor to advise us if any hints or comments ?
   Thank you.

Best Regards.
Hank Chu