[Samba] Administrator and Samba PDC

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jan 22 03:07:27 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 19:29, Robert Brugman wrote:
> Hello,
> I posted yesterday about using samba as a primary domain controller.  I
> have a couple other issues I need help resolving.
>
> I got my profiles copied over, but some things seem different.  For
> example, Norton Antivirus Corporate doesn't load in the lower right
> like it does on my local account.  Mainly stuff like that.  The only
> other issues I am having are with Administrators.  I need to be an
> administrator on the network, but I'm not sure what I need to do to
> make myself one.  Also, is it possible to make a user an administrator
> for just one workstation?  The last issue is with login/logout scripts.
>   When my user logs in, it executes a batch file that contains calls to
> change my resolution to 1600x1200.  When I log out, the logoff script
> tells multires.exe to put it back to 1024x768.  Where would I put this
> script so that it runs?  Where would I put the logoff script?
>
> Thanks SO much in advance!
>
> Robert
> P.S.  Please use the reply-all function of your mail program to reply
> so it can skip my mail filters and put the much-needed answers right in
> my mailbox.  Thanks!
----
1 - NAV Corporate Edition has an option to show or not show symbol in
status tray. Use the Symantec Control Panel to make sure it is enabled
(I tend to make these wide choices by applying to the server so that it
propogates to workstations.

2 - Administators is a local group / Domain Admins is the domain group.
Don't know how you are doing the user group management, backend sam,
version of Samba etc. Generally, you would add the users to the specific
groups but if you want a particular user to belong to a computers
Administrators or Power Users group, that is a local setting on each
machine.

3 - Don't know about logoff scripts except as group policy - see how-to
on group policy editing.

Craig