[Samba] samba 3.0.0 - winbind kerbros tickets expired

thk4711 at web.de thk4711 at web.de
Wed Jan 21 16:42:04 GMT 2004

Hi everyone!

I have set up a SAMBA 3.0.0 Server on SLES8. The Server is a member of a W2K domain. The users are mapped with winbind. Everything is working fine – but only for 10 hours. Now I found out that the standard ticket lifetime for Kerberos tickets in windows is 10hours. In the samba log there are lines like:

user ‘testuser’ does not exist.

I think when the tickers are expired they are not renewed.

When I restart smbd and winbindd everything is working for another 10 hours.

I wrote a perl script that detects this and restarts the servers but I would prefer not to use this script.

The Kerberos version I use is: heimdal-0.4e-207

my /etc/krb5.conf:

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = SRV.DOMAIN.DE
 default_etypes     = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
 default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5

 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = true

[realms]
SRV.DOMAIN.DE = {