[Samba] Newbie Questions--Firewalls

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Wed Jan 21 14:57:50 GMT 2004

Hi,
configure your Norton firewall in the right way,
or better switch it down during the test period.
You should know this is a very buggy produkt.
Upgrade your samba to latest , mail us your smb.conf
to help you out.
For mac you should either use netatalk ( native mac protokoll ) or smb os 10
implementation client. ( dont know anything about it , but should be simular
to smbclient )
you find the latest stable version of samba at ftp.suse.com
people gd.
Studdy your networksetup if all clients are able to ping
themselfes. A good idea would be to use linux as dhcpd , dns server and
netatalk too for your local network.
Final kill the xp integrated firewall, which may run too.
Regards