[Samba] Newbie Questions--Firewalls

vze5bgzj vze5bgzj at verizon.net
Wed Jan 21 14:39:56 GMT 2004

Hello.

We are running individual software firewalls (as provided by the
respective OSs) on:

MAC OSX Panther
MSWindows XP Pro
SuSE 8.2 LINUX

Machines.  In addition, the MSWindows XP Pro machine is running
Norton's Software Firewall (in conjunction with Antivirus version
10.0.1.13) I am trying to configure SAMBA 2.2.8a from the SuSE LINUX
system and am unable to see either the MAC OSX Panther or MSWindows XP
Pro systems across the Network View for SAMBA provided by KDE 3.1.5.
Neither can I see the LINUX System or the MSWindows XP Pro system from
the MAC OSX Panther machine.

We are using a Linksys BEFSR41 Etherswitch for LAN Network Connectivity.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem(s) might be?

Thanks

Mike