[Samba] cannot read messages(popup) but with root.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Jan 10 20:52:28 GMT 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, tudor tatar wrote:

> Hi!
> The messages samba receives over the Lan are owned by user nobody, I can
> open them only with root.
> ls -l /tmp/ | grep msg
> -rw-------    1 nobody   nobody          7 Jan 10 18:26 msg.lb34mU
> -rw-------    1 nobody   nobody          6 Jan 10 18:22 msg.YycNY5
>
> How can  change (not manualy) permissions of this incoming files so that
> they are available to other users? (Make them let's say -rw-r--r--) Can
> samba log them with different permissions?

Have you check the "File, Directory and Share Access Controls" chapter of
the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf? We went to a lot of trouble to document
this stuff. If our documentation is not good enough we'd appreciate your
help to get it right.

You can locate the documentation at:
	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

Please let us know what we missed.