[Samba] Change in SID: users having trouble

Davide Frey frey at elet.polimi.it
Fri Jan 9 11:53:45 GMT 2004

When I migrated our Samba PDC from version 2.2.7 to 3.0, I was forced to
have the 4 machines we are using rejoin our domain, because the SID had
changed.
Since then, users have been able to log on, but any attempt to start IE,
or Outlook fails, apparently because something in the user's profile
cannot be accessed due to the SID modification, and the icons in the
WinXP start menu have disappeared for apparently the same reason.

Does anybody know if there is a way to solve this problem now, without
recreating all the users or losing their profiles? And what should I
have done to migrate to the new version without having to go through the
SID modification?

Thanks everyone

Davide