[Samba] Samba groups

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jan 7 03:31:56 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 20:16, Jamrock wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a step by step tutorial on setting up groups in Samba
> 3.x?  I am using OpenLDAP as the user database.
<snip>
> Any pointers from personal experience would also be welcome. :)

---
If you are going to use LDAP - you need to learn, feel comfortable and
use LDAP  ---  first

from experience, integrating samba into LDAP is the hardest thing you
will ever do if you don't have the concept of LDAP authentication down.
After that, samba is a piece of cake. LDIF's won't show you anything

Craig