[Samba] Samba groups

Jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 03:16:29 GMT 2004

Can anyone point me to a step by step tutorial on setting up groups in Samba
3.x?  I am using OpenLDAP as the user database.

I have read the How To, googled and read articles.  I have read about net
groupmap, net getlocalsid, RIDS, gidNumbers, and all of that fun stuff.

However, I need some info. to tie the whole thing together.

Some sample ldif files would be nice too.  Everything that I have read so
far assumes a fairly deep level of knowledge.

Any pointers from personal experience would also be welcome. :)

Thanks