[Samba] Re: Samba groups

Jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 11:17:01 GMT 2004

"Craig White" <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote in message
news:1073446316.27620.51.camel at lin-workstation.azapple.com...
> If you are going to use LDAP - you need to learn, feel comfortable and
> use LDAP  ---  first
>
> Craig

I am comfortable with LDAP.  I have been using it as a directory server for
a year or so.  I have been using Samba 2.x as a PDC  for over a year.  No
problems there.

I recently moved to Samba 3.x.  Uers can log in, access profiles and all
that.  I  need some clarity on the process of mapping groups in Samba 3.x
using LDAP.

The mapping is automatically done using the other user backends.  With LDAP
one needs to manually add the groups, set up the RIDS properly, and manually
create the mapping.  There are some gaps in my knowledge here.  I just need
something to pull all the bits of information into one logical flow.