[Samba] questions

Edgar edgaravila at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 03:14:21 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a samba server running on Linux (RedHat 9.0), with the security set to user and 3 valid user IDs. The clients are 3  PCs running on Windows XP (HomeEdition) and connected through a router. From the PCs running Windows I can see the localhost (Sambas Server), but for some reason one PC can only connect to the share directory on the Samba Server. The questions are as follows.

1.  Should every user log in with a different user ID to access the shared directory on the Samba Server? or can I use the same user ID to log in on different PCs to access the shared directory?
2. Could there be another reason why only one PC can connect to the shared directory?

Note that I ran the utility ping on the Window PCs and the Linux machine and got good replies so I do not think there is a connection problem.

Any help will be appreciated!