[Samba] Traffic going to wrong interface?

Greg Whynott greg at calibredigital.com
Tue Jan 6 18:17:22 GMT 2004

assuming you are using linux:

Have you tried the below GLOBAL setting?

interfaces = 172.16.92.245

This asks samba to listen on that interface only,  I don't know if it
will also force samba to use this interface as the source for any
outbound connections.

   Making the gigabit interface your primary interface may also work.
You might be able to kludge this from within the /etc/modules.conf file
if you are using modules to drive the cards.

alias eth0 tg3
alias eth1 e100

  Then there is the route method.  you can add static routes to the
client.  Host routes are honored over network routes.  I'd use this as a
last resort,  it seems wrong.

route add -host 172.16.92.245  eth0

I have a few more but I think one of these might work.  good luck with
it.

peace.

--
UNIX is user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.