[Samba] Traffic going to wrong interface?

Andrew Athan aathan-samba-142892 at cloakmail.com
Tue Jan 6 04:08:11 GMT 2004

I have a samba server with 2 ethernet ports, one of which is a gigabit port.
When connecting from a windows client that has a crossover to the gigabit
port, and a crossover to  the 100Meg port:

If I connect via \\gige.ethernet.address\foo , and copying a large file,
windows reports outbound traffic on the gige port and return traffic on the
100Meg port.

Thus, it seems the samba server sees the client->server traffic via gige but
is responding via the slower interface.  Not what I want.

Any clues?

Thanks,
A.