[Samba] Configuring Samba 3 on Fedora Core Fresh Install

Ferindo Middleton Jr fmiddletonjr at netscape.net
Tue Jan 6 03:50:55 GMT 2004

I just installed Fedora Core 1... I'm sure the default configuration of the Samba SMB server is running and the and a compatible version of SWAT is documented as being built into this Linux distro, however, when I try to connect to swat (Ex: http://localhost:901) from the machine, the browse can't connect. I read through some of the documentation that was copied and it talks about adding some instruction to /etc/inetd... but this file isn't present. I do have xinetd though. What should I do to be able to connect to SWAT from a fresh install?

Ferindo

--
www.sleekcollar.com
Ferindo Middleton, Jr.
ferindo.middleton at sleekcollar.com

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.