[Samba] 'logon drive' questions

flinchlock fst6x7v02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Feb 29 23:24:16 GMT 2004

Quoting "John H Terpstra"

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, flinchlock wrote:
> > 	logon home = \\%L\%u\.win_profiles\%m
>
> This has no real place in Windows NT/XP, it is used to set the
> profile directory for Windows 9x/Me clients.

For what it is worth, I decided to not use/setup any W98 clients.
:-)

So, instead of deleting 'logon home' from my smb.conf file, I just
changed it to: logon home = \\%L\%u

And automagically, when I click on "Command Prompt", the "dos"
window opens to H:, and HOMEDRIVE, HOMEPATH, & HOMESHARE are set
correctly (at least according to me)!!!!

I guess XP handles 'logon home' differently if 'logon home' has
additional directories listed after "\\%L\%u" (that would match the
"User home directory" field in /etc/passwd).

Mike

--
SuSE 9.0 Pro (2.4.21-192-default) with samba-2.2.8a-107