[Samba] Creating computer account

Juer Lee juer.lee at raidtec.ie
Fri Feb 13 05:07:27 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juer Lee" <juer.lee at raidtec.ie>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 10:00 AM
Subject: [Samba] Creating computer account

Hi,

Can anybody confirm that I must have a user account of the AD who has rights
to add a machine to the domain when joining Samba as a domain member in AD
mode?
Say, when I run command kinit USERNAME at REALM, USERNAME must be a user who
has rights to do that.
I got the information above from the HOWTO of Samba-3.

While I found when I join a Win2000 workstation to a AD, I only need a
common user account even he hasn't got the rights to assign create the
computer account in the AD ( I am sure of this, also the account is in
Domain Users group only )

Is this the limitation of Samba3? Though I don't think this is a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Juer.