[Samba] Problem with Samba as PDC

P-G Fahrbring fahrbring_pg at spray.se
Thu Feb 12 17:13:00 GMT 2004

I've download a PDC guide from IBM's website,
https://www6.software.ibm.com/dw/education/esdd/samba/?x=50&y=6.

I've follow the description line by line, but I can't join the domain
from a windows Xp professional computer.

Windows Xp answer with following error message...
"Can't connect to a domain controller for the domain Fah-Technet"

I can ping the computer running Samba with IP-address from Windows Xp,
but not with netbiosname (LinuxRH9.Fah-Technet)
I can also mount a shared disk from Windows Xp (mount -t smbfs -o
username=xxxx,password=yyy //Winxp/E-Disk /mnt/WinXp/E-disk

Soon I get mad. How do I continue?

Attach a copy of my smb.conf

I need help, please

best regards