[Samba] Suse 9 Konqueror/Samba problem

Ermanno Bonifazi ermannobonifazi at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 22:00:22 GMT 2004

I can access Samba and Windows share on my newtork (I have Samba on linux
server) and some  W2K Server.
>From my SUSE 9 Professional client within Konqueror I can create, delete
file, rename and even overwrite files on the share of my server (Samba or
Windows).
But When I open the file (file.txt or any other type) within Konqueror on a
Samba
share (by example right clicking and choosing open with..) I got the error

1) Access denied to smb://server/share/file.txt" if I try to open file.txt
resident on a W2K server
or
2) File or Directory smb://server/share/filextxt" do not exist if I try to
open file.txt resident on Linux (Samba) server.

I notice that when I choose open (with Kedit by example) the file, a windows
appear that seems to download the file to /tmp/kde-myuser and create the
file with a temporary name. After that I get the error, but If I browse this
directory I can find the temp file, open and edit it.

Be aware that all works (Samba server) If I open file txt from my Windows
client