[Samba] samba ldap tools problem: smbldap-groupadd

BAO PHAN baoquocphan at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 21:01:59 GMT 2004

I am using samba 3.0, smbldap tools 0.8.2, and IBM
Directory Server 5.1, and I had the problem when I
tried to add a group using the smbldap tool:

smbldap-groupadd.pl tesgrp

I got the exception "Invalid syntax at
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap_tools.pm" line 180.

I opened the smbldap_tools.pm, and saw the bug at line
179 in the get_group_dn method:

filter =>
"(&(objectclass=posixGroup)(|(cn=$group)(gidNumber=$group)))"

gidNumber is a numeric value according to RFC 2307,
and the $group is the alphanumeric variable.
I did a test by removing gidNumber=$group or put a
numeric value in gidNumber, and then it worked. Should
there be a check when assigned $group value to
gidNumber?

Please help

Bao Phan