[Samba] samba 3.0.1 and ldap backend problem - solved !
boka at sto-procent.art.pl
Wed Feb 4 21:50:24 GMT 2004
Jeff Davis wrote:
> If you arrive at a solution, please let me know...
i did not have free time to analyze why it start working, but i made it :)
First of all, i have converted (again) old ldap db:
ldapsearch -h .... > old.ldiff
net getlocalsid DOMAIN
convert .... --output new.ldif
Then add it to ldap and add new indexes (taken from samba-ldap.howto).
ldapadd -h localhost -f new.ldif -D ....
add it to slapd.conf to Your DB definition:
index cn,sn,uid,displayName pres,sub,eq
index uidNumber,gidNumber eq
index sambaSID eq
index sambaPrimaryGroupSID eq
index sambaDomainName eq
index objectClass pres,eq
index default sub
index memberUid eq
slapdindex -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
I have compiled samba only with --with-ldap option (without
--with-ldapsam). Add proper filters to groups, users, computers in smb.conf:
ldap suffix used to search for user and computer accounts.
ldap user suffix used to store user accounts.
ldap machine suffix used to store Machine Trust Accounts.
ldap group suffix location of posixGroup/sambaGroupMapping entries.
ldap idmap suffix location of sambaIdmapEntry objects.
Right now i cant compare the new ldap db with old (first converted) but
i think there was a problem with samaDomain parametr ...
More information about the samba