[Samba] samba 3.0.1 and ldap backend problem - solved !
jdavis at standard.k12.ca.us
Thu Feb 5 20:40:37 GMT 2004
question: where is the "convert" script/program you mention? can't seem to
find it anywhere...
> Jeff Davis wrote:
>> If you arrive at a solution, please let me know...
> i did not have free time to analyze why it start working, but i made it :)
> First of all, i have converted (again) old ldap db:
> ldapsearch -h .... > old.ldiff
> net getlocalsid DOMAIN
> convert .... --output new.ldif
> Then add it to ldap and add new indexes (taken from samba-ldap.howto).
> ldapadd -h localhost -f new.ldif -D ....
> add it to slapd.conf to Your DB definition:
> index cn,sn,uid,displayName pres,sub,eq
> index uidNumber,gidNumber eq
> index sambaSID eq
> index sambaPrimaryGroupSID eq
> index sambaDomainName eq
> index objectClass pres,eq
> index default sub
> index memberUid eq
> slapdindex -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
> I have compiled samba only with --with-ldap option (without
> --with-ldapsam). Add proper filters to groups, users, computers in
> ldap suffix used to search for user and computer accounts.
> ldap user suffix used to store user accounts.
> ldap machine suffix used to store Machine Trust Accounts.
> ldap group suffix location of posixGroup/sambaGroupMapping entries.
> ldap idmap suffix location of sambaIdmapEntry objects.
> Right now i cant compare the new ldap db with old (first converted) but
> i think there was a problem with samaDomain parametr ...
Jefferson K. Davis
Technology and Information Systems Manager
Standard School District
1200 North Chester Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93308
661-392-2110 ext 120
More information about the samba