[Samba] Slow Print Dialogue Box

Isaiah Salinas isaiah.salinas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 13:58:41 GMT 2004

I have a Question I am running Samba 3.10 on Debian with OpenLdap
Backend as a Print Server to XP Client Machines without SP2.  When
printing from Microsoft Word it takes 10 -15 sec. for the Dialogue box
to come up.  However, in troubleshooting this problem i found that if
i  edit the smb.conf and add my user account to the admin user under
the [Global] Section.  The problem goes away.  Does anyone know why
this happens only when i am not an admin on in the smb.conf?  Does
samba do thing diffrent to printers when the user is an admin versus
not being one?  I saw another post i regrads to this problem
indicating to delete devmode registry keys however i never have such
key.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!

Isaiah