[Samba] compiling problem with ldap support

Daniel Wilson daniel.wilson at sunderland.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 12:38:07 GMT 2004

Actually --with-ldap is set to yes by default... --with-ldapsam is to be
used if you want ldap as your backend, which requires openldap-devel
packages (ldap.h etc...) and its NOT depreciated, i used it in the
current 3.0.9.

So you need to install openldap stuff first! as samba needs the librarys

regards

Adi Nugraha wrote:

>I used the default configure option (just ./configure), I also tried
>./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-ldap as well, the configure
>doesn't say any error, but when i try make it was like my last message

Daniel Wilson
Systems Administrator

IT & Communications Service
University of Sunderland
Unit1 Technology Park
Chester Road
Sunderland
SR2 7PT

Tel: 0191 515 2695

This e-mail contains information which is confidential and may be privileged and is for the exclusive use of the recipient.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this message and its attachments are virus free.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University, unless otherwise specifically
stated.