[Samba] Samba changes permissions on an executed file

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Wed Dec 1 14:00:08 GMT 2004

I have a macro file that execute from a windows client:
-rwxrwxrwx    1 ewood ewood     4800 Dec  1 08:33 ptmerge.wcm

If another windows clients executes this file, they *take* ownership of it
and the permissions change:
-rwxr--r--    1 rbinnick rbinnick     4800 Dec  1 08:35 ptmerge.wcm

I don't care about ownership but I need the permission of the file to remain
777.

Currently I have:

[letters]
  comment = WordPerfect Form Letters
  path = /wp80/osas/letters/
  browsable = yes
  writable = yes
  read only = no
  public = yes
  create mask = 744
  force create mode = 744
  directory mask = 755
  force directory mode = 755
  delete readonly = no
  oplocks = False
  level2 oplocks = False

I tried the unix sticky bit but that didn't help.
I need some kind of directive that tells same to "preserve original
permissions".  Is there one?

thanks,
-eric wood