[Samba] Re: Samba changes permissions on an executed file

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Dec 1 18:39:45 GMT 2004

Is not your create mask settings what the file updates to? Notice the timestamp on the file changes. It looks like WP does this in such a way that Samba thinks a new file is being written thus sets
the owner and create mask is applied.

Most annoying.

Do you actually need the execute bit set on a WordPerfect macro? In my mind that should act like a data file that WP works with... or is this WP for Linux and you can associate the .WCM files with WP
somehow? (Though I use WP I am on WPWin 10/12)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems