[Samba] Re: Strange update problem 3.0.5->3.0.6 with XP-Clients

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Aug 25 01:09:24 GMT 2004

Georg Hoermann wrote:

> normally users are validated through the domain, there are no local
> accounts, I just used one for testing.

No no no.... that domain account still got you onto the Windows OS. And depending on your configuration you get different permissions to affect the local Windows OS while you are logged into it with
that domain account. That's what I am talking about. "Access Denied" 'round here was triggered by the domain or local account on the Windows box having local admin permissions.

One more time I post the link...
ftp://ftp.lueckdatasystems.com/pub/presentations/klugsamba3pdc-bookreview.pdf
... pages 7 through 9 I seem to remember off the top of my head.

Pull down that IFMEMBER.EXE and see what you are ending up with when you log in.

I also use the smbpasswd back end, not the new tdb file. Ascii text rocks! ;-)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems