[Samba] Workstation joined ADS

Ron Esterman ron.esterman at cognis.com
Tue Aug 17 16:04:09 GMT 2004

We have had several pc's that were local Windows machines that connected to
our stand-alone Samba Servers.
It passed the local machines Token and logged into Samba just fine.

Recently the one pc was added to the "new" ADS domain. The pc can still log
in and map the samba share.
However, the same user can not save files to the new share. It claims it
doesn't have write permission.

I can open up the Unix directory to 777 and it still can not write to the
share.
All the other pc's that have not joined the ADS domain still work fine.

Are we now forced to add the samba server to the ADS domain?

Ron Esterman
Cognis ERP Infrastructure Team
SAP/Unix/Linux/Storage Administration
513 482 3822