[Samba] Printer problems

Chad Whiting cwhiting at katecho.net
Fri Aug 6 17:20:31 GMT 2004

Hello,

	I have a question about the printer services on samba.

Here is the situation:

	I recently switched to a new Linux server with Samba v3 from a Linux server
with Samba v2.2x. I setup everything again, and it all seems right, except
all of the workstation shared printers are not letting anyone print to them,
or access them.  I was wondering if Samba settings can affect the following
way of setting up shared printers:

	A workstation is setup to share it's printer with everyone in the domain or
out of it. Another workstation goes to add the printer from the computer
sharing it, and then can print to it after setup of the printer.

This is how we have most of our printers setup right now, and after the switch
no one can print to any shared printers on computers.  It has to be something
in the samba config, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Chad