[Samba] Samba and Win viruses

Brett Stevens brett.stevens at hubbub.com.au
Fri Apr 2 02:42:30 GMT 2004

Another thought. Do you have any MTA software on your Linux system, postfix
exim sendmail etc. that¹s a better starting point.
Get your sec office to show you logs from the mail server it will simply
state what IP address is attempting connections to that mail server.
On your question. Simply, I would think not, unless wine is installed and
then it would need a user to be logged in and using some sort of wine based
application.

Remember most viruses must execute in user space.
Best of luck

Brett Stevens