[Samba] Howto join Samba-3.0.2a server to a ldapv3

Peter Nyberg Peter.Nyberg at dbb.su.se
Thu Apr 1 10:20:06 GMT 2004

Hi all I really need some help here!
All howtos seams to handle thing if one is going to install everything on one
single computer.
I've a fully functioning empty ldav3 Slackware server with openldap-2.1.25,
Berkeley DB-4.2 ,mit krb5, cyrus-sasl, openssl. Everything seams to work fine.
Now I would like to add Samba-3 on separate Slackware computer to the ldapv3
server. I've installed Linux-PAM and openssl. Now to my questions:
Do I need any other packages?
When I use ./configure --with-ads --with-ldap --with-krb5 it complains about
missing packages. Do I need them or is it possible for PAM and smb.conf to
handle all comunication between the servers?
I whan't to make a samba server with kerberos as password backend and openldap
as an computer, group and user back end. Is this possible?

It don't have to be an AD. As long as it use kerberos and ldap backend and not
smbpass I'm happy.

Please help me in the right direction!!!!

Thanks

Peter Nyberg
Institutionen för Biokemi och Biofysik
Arrheniusvägen 12