[Samba] Howto join Samba-3.0.2a server to a ldapv3

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Apr 1 13:28:35 GMT 2004

You need to have the development libraries for the krb and ldap packages
available on your system to link against.

Samba will be doing the communicating to those network servers, so they
need to have the libraries to link against.  The rest of the system will
use pam to talk through samba, rather than doing it by itself.  That's
the beauty of pam, you can make a module to authenticate against
anything you want, and the system doesen't care how you're doing it, as
long as it returns account data.  In this case it's the same thing,
samba will talk to whatever backend you feed it, which apparently would
be ldap, so you need to give samba enough knowlege to go find the server.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254