[Samba] samba authenticates thru win 2k3 PDC

Darkman darkman at clicqx.com
Thu Sep 25 14:31:31 GMT 2003

I have been reading the list archives and havent quite found what I am
looking for so I will ask. I have a win2k3 PDC which houses all accounts
on my network. I have a samba server configured for domain security and
password server is the PDC. users can now use the print queue's on the
samba server because they are getting authenticated on the PDC.This is
great and no problem there. however, the only way I have been able to
have users access directories on the samba server is by making user
accounts on the samba server. what I really wanna do is have then
authenticate thru the PDC. I would like to have a share on the samba
server read/writable by group, and have people in that group
authenticate to the PDC and access the shares on the samba server. any
help there? thanks.
--
   7:25am  up 15 days, 23:59,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.17, 0.54
Darkman, "Seize the Night", http://www.clicqx.com