[Samba] samba + MacOS X

Philip Edelbrock phil at edgedesign.us
Wed Sep 24 21:56:34 GMT 2003

Most of the support for SMB in OS-X is centered around the Samba 3.0x
tree, not 2.x.

FYI- Here the relevent section of my smb.conf for OS-X clients:

# OS-X Additions

; UTF-8 encoding to match Baltra patched Netatalk (OS-9 clients)

unix charset = UTF8
unicode = yes

; dumb down that charset to prevent OS-X from getting confused by some chars
dos charset = ASCII

; Allows you to save your password on the client (OS-X as well as WinXP)
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd

; Hide some irrelevent files
veto files = /Temporary Items/Network Trash
Folder/TheFindByContentFolder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/

; When deleting, remove those hidden veto files as well.
delete veto files = yes

# End of OS-X Additions

Phil
http://www.baltra.org