[Samba] Accessing Samba Shares with AD usernames

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Sep 10 20:10:48 GMT 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Lars Wiberg wrote:

> I'm sorry if this post came through already ...
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a project where the plan is to place a number of Samba
> servers on different locations as file and print servers. The samba server
> is supposed to be a part of the AD, which is easily done, but the samba
> servers are to contain a number of shares that only people with a valid
> logon on the AD will be able to access.
>
> How can this be achieved? Do I have to promote each Samba server to becoma a
> Domain Controller and create a trust between the DC and the Samba DC? I'm
> hoping there is a way to make Samba check the login on the DC and based on
> that give access to the share.
>
> I hope I am being clear enough.

Chapter 14, "File, Directory and Share Access Controls",
Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf. This document ships with Samba-3.0.0, in the
~samba/docs directory. Available from links on the samba web site under
documentation.

I hope I am being clear enough also. If this does not solve your problem
please let us know.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra