[Samba] Save read only using MS world

Joel Hammer Joel at hammershome.com
Tue Sep 9 01:11:50 GMT 2003

If you don't find an easy solution, you might try running a daemon on the
samba server which scans the files in this directory and changes the files
to read only. The find command sounds like just the thing for this job.

Now, don't tell me you have tens of thousands of documents on this server
and this will be too much overhead!

Perhpas the create mode parameter might be of use here.

Joel