[Samba] Trouble with SAMBA Deamons

Marco Antonio Salazar Meda/Mexico/Contr/IBM marko at mx1.ibm.com
Mon Sep 8 19:38:34 GMT 2003

Hello guys:
      Im having trouble with my SAMBA server ver. 2.2.8a, the issue that i
have is: this server is presenting shutdowns of the samba deamons (smbd and
nmbd), in the earlier version i putted this lines in the inetd.conf file
            netbios-ssn stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd –D
      netbios-ns dgram udp wait root /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd –D
      swat    stream  tcp     nowait.400      root
/usr/local/samba/bin/swat –D
and when a samba deamon turns its process to NOT RUNING, with this lines
automaticaly turns that process to a RUNNING state, but in this version it
does'nt work. So my questions is: How can i make this possible, like te
earlier version?

Saludos/Regards...

    Ing. Marco Antonio Salazar Meda
          DB2 DBA & SAMBA Administrator