[Samba] Re: can't join to 3.0.1-pre domain

Janis Pinkis jpinkis at lanet.lv
Fri Oct 10 11:35:29 GMT 2003

Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> Janis Pinkis wrote:

>>> btw, I just tried to the same from w2k server sp4 and winxp
>>> workstation and got the same error.
>>> The same problem is with today CVS ( I tried on two different Linux
>>> servers - with Suse 8.1 and RH 7.3).
>>> And there is no problems with samba 2.2.8a.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> That means You dont have a workstations user account in Your local
>> (files or nss) user table. You have to make it by hand or use create
>> machine account script in smb.conf.
>>
> Script is created. I tried the same smb.conf on the same machine with
> 2.2.8a and it works!
> Moreover, I manually created machine account by hands.
> The same result! :-(

I'm using 3.0.1 stable on RH9.0 with ldap as nss and passdb backend. I
had similar problem, when i was trying to store workstations Unix
account information in ldap, when i switched to local passwd file for
workstation accounts it started to work. By the way, do you have a
account with  uidNumber=0 and sambaSID=xxx-xxx-xxx-1000? Try to look at
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/smb-ldap-3-howto.html if You are using ldap.

Regards
J.Pinkis